Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- In order to be considered a junior faculty member, the applicant must have been working no more than 6 years in an academic setting
- Have a strong career interest in HIV
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of HIV
- Be able to devote at least 50% of their professional time to research (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period, providing evidence (manuscript, presentation, or abstracts) for future research projects.
Applicants must reside in one of the following eligible cities/countries:
- Hong Kong/ Macau
- South Korea
An applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the city/country in which they propose to conduct the research, or otherwise hold a temporary study or nonimmigrant visa which allows legal residency in the country in which the research will be performed. Such visa must be valid for the two-year award period (1 June 2020 - 31 May 2022).