This award is intended for junior faculty who are in the early stages of their career, specifically, an applicant may be the recipient of a career development (K) award or other mentored research award, but not an R01 grant or equivalent, (ie, Director’s Pioneer Award) nor be a Project PI on a P01 or U01 award. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- Be within 5 years of a faculty appointment in association with a research institution in Canada or the United States at the time of application
- Have a strong career interest in HIV
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of HIV
- Be able to devote at least 50% of professional time to research (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period, providing evidence (manuscript, presentation, or abstracts) for future research projects.
An applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States or hold a temporary nonimmigrant visa. This visa must be valid for the two-year award period (June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2020).