This award is intended for junior faculty who are in the early stages of their career; specifically, the applicant may be the recipient of a career development (K) award or equivalent, but not an R category grant. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- Be within 5 years from completion of final training in association with an academic research institution in the United States at the time of application
- Have a strong career interest in PAH
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of PAH
- Be able to devote at least 50% of professional time to research (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period
An applicant must be a citizen, permanent resident of the United States, or hold a temporary nonimmigrant visa. This visa must be valid for the two-year award period (January 2, 2018 – December 31, 2019).