This program is designed to support both clinical and basic research projects that addresses any unmet medical need in Hematologic Malignancies in the United States. The awards for this cycle will be divided evenly to support both clinical and basic scientific research.
Examples of areas of research could include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Health inequities and disparities in cancer care
- A broad range of adult or paediatric blood cancers
- Clinical treatment modalities (IO, cell therapy, targeted therapies etc)
- Understanding the mechanisms of patient response or resistance to treatments
- Research to improve Quality of Life (QoL) e.g. adverse events
- Research to improve Patient-Report Outcomes (PROs) e.g. addressing unmet needs for patients
- Any other basic, translational and/or clinical research that addresses an unmet medical need or a gap in scientific knowledge
- Novel diagnostic, prevention, and treatment strategies
- Patient-specific factors that are predictors of toxicity
- Transformative therapeutic modalities/approaches to treatment
- Agnostic approaches to Hematologic Malignancies
Awards granted under the program may not be duplicative of funding from institutional or hospital, other governmental, non-governmental, or industry sources. Applicants seeking an award for research projects that are currently receiving or may receive partial funding from other sources are required to submit appropriate evidence, including budget information related to the other sources, to demonstrate that there is no overlap or duplication in funding, as outlined in the current and pending funding form.
Proposals utilizing Gilead product(s) are not eligible for funding through the Research Scholars Program. Proposals involving Gilead product(s) should be submitted for review under the Investigator-Sponsored Research Grant Program through the ISR online portal.
Proposals are reviewed by an independent Scientific Review Committee, (no Commercial involvement in review or selection, i.e., Marketing, Sales, and Commercial Strategy), and are reviewed based upon the criteria outlined on this website.
- GILEAD and the GILEAD logo are registered
- trademarks of Gilead Sciences, Inc., or one of its related companies. Kite
- and the Kite Logo are registered trademarks of Kite, a Gilead company.
- © 2022 Gilead Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved.