This award is intended for junior faculty who are in the early stages of their career and are planning to become independent investigators.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- Be within 5 years of initial faculty appointment in association with an academic research institution in Canada or the United States at the time of application
- Have a strong career interest in hematology/oncology, with a focus on hematologic malignancies
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of hematology/oncology, with a focus on hematologic malignancies
- Be able to devote at least 50% of professional time to research for the next 2 years (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period, providing evidence (manuscript, presentation, or abstracts) resulting from the research
An applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States or hold a temporary non-immigrant visa. This visa must be valid for the two-year award period (February 2, 2021 – February 2, 2023).