Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award
- Anticipate receiving a faculty appointment or an assistant professorship within 3 years, in association with a research institution in one of the eligible countries/regions at the time of application (see below for list of countries)
- Have a strong career interest in liver disease
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of liver disease
- Be able to devote at least 50% of their professional time to research (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the 2-year award period, providing evidence (manuscript, presentation, or abstracts) for future research projects.
Applicants must reside in one of the eligible countries/regions:
- Middle East
- New Zealand
An applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the country/region in which they propose to conduct the research, or otherwise hold a temporary study or nonimmigrant visa which allows legal residency in the country/region in which the research will be performed. Such visa must be valid for the two-year award period (1 June 2018 - 31 May 2020).