The program is designed to support innovative basic, translational and clinical scientific research related to Oncology Solid Tumors. For the 2022 cycle, the program will focus on Breast Cancer only.
This may include, but is not limited to, research focused on:
- Agnostic approaches to target Breast tumors
- Combinational drug strategies/approaches to treatment
- Resistance mechanism identification/novel approaches to addressing resistance mechanisms
- Transformative, therapeutic modalities/approaches to treatment
- Patient-specific factors that are predictors of toxicity
- Genomic polymorphisms and impact treatment response
- Novel targets and/or biomarkers/imaging techniques
- Novel diagnostic, prevention and treatment strategies
- Research to improve Quality of Life (QoL) Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO's) e.g adverse events, addressing unmet needs for patients
- Any other basic, transational and clinical research that addresses an unmet medical need or gap in scientific knowledge
Awards granted under the program may not be duplicative of funding from institutional or hospital, other governmental, non-governmental, or industry sources. Applicants seeking an award for research projects that are currently receiving or may receive partial funding from other sources are required to submit appropriate evidence, including budget information related to the other sources, to demonstrate that there is no direct overlap in funding, as outlined in the current and pending funding form.
Prep Date: December 2021
Job code: IHQ-UNB-1006