The program is designed to support innovative basic, translational and clinical scientific research related to Liver Disease. This may include, but is not limited to, research focused on:
- Chronic viral hepatitis (B, C, D)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- End-stage liver disease and its complications
- Non-viral chronic liver diseases
- Basic, clinical, and translational research related to liver disease
- Health economics outcomes research relating to liver disease
Awards granted under the program may not be duplicative of funding from institutional or hospital, other governmental, non-governmental, or industry sources. Applicants seeking an award for research projects that are currently receiving or may receive partial funding from other sources are required to submit appropriate evidence, including budget information related to the other sources, to demonstrate that there is no overlap in funding or duplication in funding, as outlined in the current and pending funding form.