The program is designed to support innovative basic, translational and clinical scientific research related to Oncology Solid Tumors. This may include, but is not limited to, research focused on:
- Agnostic approaches to target solid tumors
- Combinatorial drug strategies/approaches to treatment
- Resistance mechanism identification/novel approaches to addressing resistance mechanisms
- Transformative therapeutic modalities/approaches to treatment
- Patient-specific factors that are predictors of toxicity
- Genomic polymorphisms and impact treatment response
- Novel targets and/or biomarkers
- Novel diagnostic, prevention and treatment strategies
- Research to improve Quality of Life (QoL) / Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs) e.g. adverse events, addressing unmet needs for patients
- Other basic, translational and clinical research that addresses an unmet medical need or a gap in scientific knowledge
Awards granted under the program may not be duplicative of funding from institutional or hospital, other governmental, non-governmental, or industry sources. Applicants seeking an award for research projects that are currently receiving or may receive partial funding from other sources are required to submit appropriate evidence, including budget information related to the other sources, to demonstrate that there is no direct overlap in funding.
Proposals utilizing Gilead product(s) are not eligible for funding through the Research Scholars Program. Proposals involving Gilead product(s) should be submitted for review under the Investigator-Sponsored Research Grant Program through the ISR online portal.
Proposals are reviewed by an independent Scientific Review Committee, (no Commercial involvement in review or selection, i.e., Marketing, Sales, and Commercial Strategy), and are reviewed based upon the criteria outlined on this website.