CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
In their evaluation, the Committee will consider the following criteria:
Criterion 1: Evaluation of the Applicant
- Potential for a career in hematology/oncology related research, with a focus on hematologic malignancies
- Academic record
- Prior research experience and/or publications focused on Hematologic Malignancies, with a focus on hematology/oncology disease states and treatment modalities (IO, cell therapy, targeted therapies etc.)
Criterion 2: Evaluation of the Mentor Support and Mentoring Plan
- Letter of Support from mentor which includes mentor's track record of productivity, funding, and success with prior trainees; detailed description of the mentoring plan, including resources allocated to the proposed research project, provision of protected time, and available laboratory facilities.
- The mentor is an independent investigator
- The mentor has the experience to direct the proposed research training, as evidenced by the letter of support.
- The mentoring plan is sufficient to facilitate the applicant's progress toward his/her research career goals
- Letter of Support from the department chair or division chief to document the institution is willing and has the ability to commit the resources necessary for the applicant to complete the proposed research, including sufficient protected time.
Criterion 3: Evaluation of the Proposal
- Innovation and Significance: - The research proposal is new and original, and addresses an important question/issue related to hematology/oncology. - The proposed study will have an effect on concepts, methods, and/or technologies related to hematology/oncology related research
- Approach: - The conceptual framework, design, methods, and analyses are adequately developed, well-integrated, well-reasoned, feasible (as determined by preliminary data or the expertise available), and appropriate to the aims of the project. - The applicant acknowledges potential problem areas and considers alternative tactics
- Feasibility: - The project, as described in the submitted proposal and budget, can be accomplished within the timeframe of the award
- Date of prep: December 2021
- Job code: IHQ-UNB-0989