All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD or PhD (equivalent degree) at time of award. MD qualifications would have to have been obtained within the last 10 years and PhD qualifications would have to have been obtained within the last 5 years
- Early to Mid-career scientists with a strong research track record who hold a position at a recognised research institution in one of the eligible countries at the time of application (see below for list of countries) and whose tenure of that position encompasses the projected period of the award from the Gilead and Kite scholarship program
- Have a strong career interest in hematology/oncology
- Have a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of hematology/oncology
- Be able to devote at least 30% of professional time to research for the next two years (versus administrative, patient care, or teaching responsibilities)
- Be able to complete the proposed research within the two-year award period, providing evidence (manuscript, presentation, or abstracts) resulting from the research
Exceptions to the above can apply, for example, having taken time out for parental leave or family bereavement
The Research Scholars Program is actively working towards reducing potential barriers to entry and success for applicants from population groups who are typically underrepresented in research. Award selections are made without discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression.
We are committed to supporting researchers and research projects addressing unmet patient needs and health inequities in order to build a more inclusive research landscape.
- The Research Scholars Program in hematologic malignancies is open to emerging investigators from countries with the following regions and countries:
- Europe, Asia, Australasia, Canada, Mexico, and South America
- An applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of one of the eligible countries or subject to the requirements noted below with regards to temporary visa/work permit. This visa must be valid for the duration of the award period or the applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible for an extension, renewal or other status that will enable the applicant to undertake the research for the entirety of the two-year award.
- GILEAD and the GILEAD logo are registered trademarks of Gilead Sciences, Inc., or one of its related companies. Kite and the Kite Logo are registered trademarks of Kite, a Gilead company. © 2022 Gilead Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved.
- November 2022, IHQ-UNB-2912