Submission Deadline - One Page Specific Aims Summary:
Monday July 24th, 2023 11:59 PM Central European Time. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Submission Deadline - Detailed Proposal:
Wednesday October 25th, 2023 11:59 PM Central European Time. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Applications must be completed online and submitted electronically with the required Supplementary Materials.
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact:
Gilead Research Scholars Program Coordinator
Application - One Page Specific Aims Summary
Applicants must complete the online Application Form (all fields must be completed or applicant will not be able to submit) and include the following Supplementary Materials as specified:
- One page specific aims summary of your research proposal (Download One Page Specific Aims Template)
- Applicant CV
- Mentor CV
- Personal statement from applicant which includes: past work experiences that make you uniquely qualified for this fellowship, including any past or current joint collaborations; include references where applicable; an explanation of how your research proposal aligns with the program research objectives
Application - Detailed Proposal
Applicants who are invited by the Scientific Review Committee to submit a detailed proposal of their research must complete the online Application Form (all fields must be completed or applicant will not be able to submit) and include the following Supplementary Materials as specified:
Research Proposal (Download Research Proposal Template)
- Biographical Sketch – Applicant (Download RSP Biographical Sketch - Applicant Template)
- Biographical Sketch – Mentor (Download RSP Biographical Sketch - Mentor Template)
- Letter of support from mentor which includes: mentor's track record of productivity, funding, and success with prior trainees; detailed description of the mentoring plan, including resources allocated to the proposed research project, provision of protected time and available laboratory facilities
- Bibliography of relevant references (maximum of 20)
- Detailed budget and completed budget summary
- Project timeline
- Acknowledgement of Indirect Costs Limitation, using the template provided (Download Acknowledgement of Indirect Costs Template)
- Current or Pending Applications for Funding, using the template provided (Download List of Current or Pending Applications for Funding Template)
- Letter of support from the department chair or division chief that documents the institution is willing and has the ability to commit the resources necessary for the applicant to complete the proposed research, including sufficient protected time
- Certification of employment from your institution or organization
- All information you submit to Gilead will be subject to Gilead's Privacy Statement.